- When Israel came out of Egypt:
the house of Jacob from among
the people of an alien tongue,
- Judah became the Lord's temple:
and Israel became God's kingdom.
- The sea fled at the sight of it:
and Jordan turned back in its course.
- The mountains skipped like rams:
and the hills like yearling sheep.
- Why was it that you fled O sea:
and you Jordan that you turned back.
- you mountains that you skipped like rams:
and you hills like yearling sheep?
- Tremble O earth at the presence of the Lord:
at the presence of the God of Jacob,
- who turned the hard rock into a pool of water:
and the flint-stone into a gushing spring.
Old Testament Reading -
1There is a right time for everything:
2 A time to be born;
A time to die;
A time to plant;
A time to harvest;
3 A time to kill;
A time to heal;
A time to destroy;
A time to rebuild;
4 A time to cry;
A time to laugh;
A time to grieve;
A time to dance.
5 A time for scattering stones;
A time for gathering stones;
A time to hug;
A time not to hug;
6 A time to find;
A time to lose;
A time for keeping;
A time for throwing away;
7 A time to tear;
A time to repair;
A time to be quiet;
A time to speak up;
8 A time for loving;
A time for hating;
A time for war;
A time for peace.
. . . . . Ecclesiastes 3:1-8
you have given us much today;
grant us also a thankful spirit.
Into your hands we commend ourselves
and those we love.
Be with us still, and when we take our rest
renew us for the service of your Son Jesus Christ.