- Praise the Lord. Blessed are those who fear the Lord;
and greatly delight in God's commandments.
- Their descendants will be mighty in the land;
the children of the upright will be blessed.
- Riches and plenty shall fill their houses;
righteousness shall be theirs for ever.
- They are a light in the darkness for the upright;
being gracious compassionate and just.
- It goes well with those who are generous in lending;
who conduct their affairs with justice.
- For the righteous will never be shaken;
they will be kept in remembrance for ever.
- They will not live in fear of bad news;
because with steadfast heart they trust in the Lord.
- Their heart is steady they will not fear;
in the end they shall see their enemies downfall.
- They give freely to the poor;
their righteousness stand for ever,
and they will hold up their head with honour.
- The wicked will be vexed when they see it;
they will grind their teeth and slink away,
for the hopes of the wicked shall come to nothing.
O God, who in the work of creation
commanded the light to shine out of darkness:
we pray that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ
may shine into the hearts of all your people,
dispelling the darkness of ignorance and unbelief
and revealing to them the knowledge of your glory
in the face of Jesus Christ our Lord . . .
Thank Him for 3 things that happened today (Good or Not!)
your kingdom come
on earth as in heaven.
Your hands have made me and fashioned me:
give me understanding that I may know your mind.
Those who fear you will be glad when they see me,
because I have put my trust in your word.
I know that your judgments are right,
that in your faithfulness you have caused me to be troubled.
Now the God of peace
give us peace at all times and in all ways.
May Christ the King give us his blessing of peace.