thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- I will speak of the glorious splendour of your majesty;
and of all your marvellous works.
- People shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds:
and I too will proclaim your greatness.
- They shall pour out the story of your abundant kindness:
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
- The Lord is gracious and full of compassion:
slow to anger and abounding in love.
- You Lord are good to all of us:
and your mercy rests upon all your creatures.
- All your creation shall praise you O Lord:
and your servants will bless your name.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.