- Praise the Lord. Blessed are those who fear the Lord;
and greatly delight in God's commandments.
- Their descendants will be mighty in the land;
the children of the upright will be blessed.
- Riches and plenty shall fill their houses;
righteousness shall be theirs for ever.
- They are a light in the darkness for the upright;
being gracious compassionate and just.
- It goes well with those who are generous in lending;
who conduct their affairs with justice.
- For the righteous will never be shaken;
they will be kept in remembrance for ever.
- They will not live in fear of bad news;
because with steadfast heart they trust in the Lord.
- Their heart is steady they will not fear;
in the end they shall see their enemies downfall.
- They give freely to the poor;
their righteousness stand for ever,
and they will hold up their head with honour.
- The wicked will be vexed when they see it;
they will grind their teeth and slink away,
for the hopes of the wicked shall come to nothing.
Jesus of Nazareth, thank you for Martin,
the soldier who shared his cloak with a beggar,
the pastor who searched deep into the country,
the bishop who protested a heretic’s execution;
he brought the message of the kingdom.
Thank Him for 3 things that happened today (Good or Not!)
your will be done
on earth as in heaven.
Thanks to you, Lord Jesus Christ,
for all the cruel pains and insults you have borne for us;
for all the many blessings you have won for us.
Holy Jesus, most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
may we know you more clearly, love you more dearly,
and follow you more nearly, day by day.
May Christ the King give us his blessing of peace.
Let us bless the Lord.
Thanks be to God.