O Lord, open our lips;
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
God ever reigns on high.
O come, let us worship.
- In you Lord I have taken refuge:
let me never be put to shame,
- deliver me in your righteousness:
incline your ear to me
come quickly to my rescue.
- Be to me a rock of refuge:
a stronghold to keep me safe.
- You are to me a rock and a fortress:
for your name's sake lead me and guide me.
- Release me from the net they have secretly laid for me:
for you O Lord are my strength.
- Into your hands I commend my spirit:
for you have redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
- You hate those who pay regard to worthless idols:
but I put my trust in the Lord.
- I will be glad and rejoice in your mercy:
for you have seen my affliction,
and taken heed of my soul's distress.
- You have not given me up to the power of the enemy:
you have set my feet where I may walk at liberty.
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.