O Lord, open our lips;
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
Blessèd are you, Sovereign God, creator of all;
To you be glory and praise for ever!
You founded the earth in the beginning
and the heavens are the work of your hands.
As we rejoice in the gift of your presence among us,
let the light of your love always shine in our hearts
and your praises ever be on our lips,
Creator, Redeemer, and Giver of Life:
Blessèd be God for ever!
- Praise the Lord. Blessed are those who fear the Lord;
and greatly delight in God's commandments.
- Their descendants will be mighty in the land;
the children of the upright will be blessed.
- Riches and plenty shall fill their houses;
righteousness shall be theirs for ever.
- They are a light in the darkness for the upright;
being gracious compassionate and just.
- It goes well with those who are generous in lending;
who conduct their affairs with justice.
- For the righteous will never be shaken;
they will be kept in remembrance for ever.
- They will not live in fear of bad news;
because with steadfast heart they trust in the Lord.
- Their heart is steady they will not fear;
in the end they shall see their enemies downfall.
- They give freely to the poor;
their righteousness stand for ever,
and they will hold up their head with honour.
- The wicked will be vexed when they see it;
they will grind their teeth and slink away,
for the hopes of the wicked shall come to nothing.
The night has passed and the day lies open before us;
Gird us with your armour Lord
and the protection of your love,
over us and our loved ones:
(Silence may be kept)
As we rejoice in the gift of this new day,
so may the light of your presence, O God,
set our hearts on fire with love for you;
now and for ever.