thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
- He drew me up from the desolate pit,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
- He put a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
Many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord.
- Happy are those who make
the Lord their trust,
who do not turn to the proud,
to those who go astray after false gods.
- Blessed are those who have put their trust in the Lord:
who have not turned to the proud,
or to those who stray after false gods.
- O Lord my God, great are the wonderful things you have done,
and the things you have in mind for us:
there is none to be compared with you.
- I would proclaim them and speak of them:
but they are more than can be numbered.
- Sacrifice and offering you do not desire,
but you have opened my ears to hear:
burnt-offering and sacrifice for sin you have not required of me.
- Then I said, 'Look, I have come:
in the scroll of the book it is written that I should do your will.
- I delight to do your will O my God:
truly your law is in my heart.
- I have told the glad news of deliverance in the great assembly:
I did not restrain my lips, as you will know O Lord.
- I have not kept your goodness hidden in my heart:
I have spoken of your faithfulness and you saving help.
- I have not concealed your steadfast love:
nor your truth from the great assembly.
- Lord, do not withhold from me your tender care:
let your love and faithfulness ever preserve me.
- Let those be appalled because of their shame
who say to me, ‘Aha, Aha!’
- But may all who seek you
rejoice and be glad in you;
may those who love your salvation
say continually, ‘Great is the Lord!’
- As for me, I am poor and needy,
but the Lord takes thought for me.
You are my help and my deliverer;
do not delay, O my God.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.