thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- I love you O Lord because you heard my voice;
when I made my supplication.
- because you turned your ear to me;
when I called upon your name.
- The cords of death entangled me,
and the grip of Sheol laid hold on me;
distress and anguish descended upon me.
- Then I called upon the name of the Lord;
'Deliver me O Lord I beseech you.'
- Gracious is the Lord and righteous:
truly our God is a God of compassion.
- The Lord preserves the simple-hearted:
when I was brought low the Lord saved me.
- Be at rest once more O my soul
for the Lord has treated you kindly.
- The Lord has saved me from death;
and kept my eyes from tears
and my feet from stumbling.
- so that I may walk in the presence of the Lord:
in the land of the living.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.