thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- I was glad when they said to me,
‘Let us go to the house of the Lord!’
- Our feet are standing
within your gates, O Jerusalem.
- Jerusalem — built as a city
that is bound firmly together.
- To it the tribes go up,
the tribes of the Lord,
as was decreed for Israel,
to give thanks to the name of the Lord.
- For there the thrones for judgement were set up,
the thrones of the house of David.
- Pray for the peace of Jerusalem:
‘May they prosper who love you.
- Peace be within your walls,
and security within your towers.’
- For the sake of my relatives and friends
I will say, ‘Peace be within you.’
- For the sake of the house of the Lord our God,
I will seek your good.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.