Always be joyful, pray continually;
give thanks, whatever happens.
- Every day will I give thanks to you:
and praise your name for ever and ever.
- You are great O Lord, and worthy of all praise:
there are no bounds to your greatness.
- One generation shall praise your works to another:
and proclaim your mighty acts.
- I will speak of the glorious splendour of your majesty;
and of all your marvellous works.
- People shall speak of the might of your awesome deeds:
and I too will proclaim your greatness.
- They shall pour out the story of your abundant kindness:
and joyfully sing of your righteousness.
- The Lord is gracious and full of compassion:
slow to anger and abounding in love.
- You Lord are good to all of us:
and your mercy rests upon all your creatures.
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.