thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- Your instruction is wonderful:
therefore I keep it with all my heart.
- The unfolding of your word gives light:
and those who are untaught receive understanding.
- I open my mouth and sigh:
with longing for your commandments.
- Turn to me and be merciful to me:
as is your way with those who love you.
- Keep steady my footsteps, according to your promise:
and let no evil get mastery over me.
- Rescue me from human oppression:
so that I may keep your precepts.
- Let your face shine on your servant:
and teach me your decrees.
- Tears stream from my eyes:
because people do not heed your law.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.