Bless the Lord, whose name is to be praised,
Our Father who art in heaven,
who has given us his laws,
to show us the error of our ways,
Blessed is his son, Christ the Messiah,
who redeemed us from having broken them.
Blessed are you, O Holy Spirit,
who assists us in sinning no more,
and sustains us in the way of the Lord,
grant us wisdom and understanding this day.
Old Testament Reading -The Lord gives wisdom
- Consider the generations of old and see:
has anyone trusted in the Lord and been disappointed?
Or has anyone persevered in the fear of the Lord aand been forsaken?
Or has anyone called upon him and been neglected?
- For the Lord is compassionate and merciful;
he forgives sins and saves in time of distress.
- The fear of the Lord delights the heart,
and gives gladness and joy and long life.b
- Those who fear the Lord will have a happy end;
on the day of their death they will be blessed.
- Gk of him
- Other ancient authorities add The fear of the Lord is a gift from the Lord; also for love he makes firm paths.
They were faithful until death
and God has given them the crown of life.
God of mercy,
we have sinned against you and against others.
We have sinned in what we have done,
and in what we have failed to do.
We are truly sorry.
For the sake of your Son Jesus Christ,
who died for our sins,
forgive us all that is past
and raise us to newness of life.