Always be joyful, pray continually;
give thanks, whatever happens.
- Whakamoemititia a Ihowa./ Praise the Lord.
I will thank you O Lord with all my heart:
in the company of the upright in their assembly.
- Great are your works O Lord:
and to be studied by all who delight in them.
- Your deeds are full of majesty and splendour:
and your righteousness endures forever.
- You have caused your marvellous acts to be remembered:
you Lord are gracious and full of compassion.
- You give food to those who fear you:
you keep you covenant always in mind.
- You have shown your people your power in action:
by giving them the lands of other nations.
- The works of your hands are faithful and just:
and all your precepts are trustworthy.
- They stand fast forever and ever:
they are grounded in truth and justice.
- You sent redemption to your people,
you decreed your eternal covenant:
holy and awesome in your name.
- The fear of you O Lord is the beginning of wisdom,
those who revere you have good understanding:
your praise shall endure forever.
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.