O Lord, open our lips;
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
(Alleluia!) Christ, the pure and lowly in heart:
O come, let us worship. (Alleluia!)
- Arise O God and let your enemies be scattered:
let those who hate you flee before you.
- As smoke vanishes before the wind, and as wax melts in the fire:
so let the wicked perish at the presence of God.
- But let the righteous be glad and exult before God:
let them rejoice with exceeding joy.
- Sing praises to God's holy name:
make a highway for the one who rides on the clouds,
whose name is the Lord, in whose presence exult.
- Guardian of orphans and protector of widows:
such are you O God in your holy dwelling-place.
- You give the lonely a home to live in,
and lead out the prisoners into prosperity:
but the rebellious must live in the wasteland.
- O God when you went out at the head of your people:
when you marched across the wilderness,
- the earth quaked, the heavens poured down rain:
before God the Lord of Sinai,
before God the Lord most high.
- You sent down a generous rain O God:
to refresh the wilting land of your possession.
- There your people found a home:
which in your goodness you provided for the poor.
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the armour of light,,
now in the time of this mortal life,
in which your Son Jesus Christ came to us in great humility;,
so that when he shall come again in his glorious majesty
we may rise to the life immortal;
through him who lives and reigns with you
and the Holy Spirit,
one God now and forever.