thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- O sing to the Lord a new song;
sing to the Lord, all the earth.
- Sing to the Lord, bless his name;
tell of his salvation from day to day.
- Declare his glory among the nations,
his marvellous works among all the peoples.
- For great is the Lord, and greatly to be praised;
he is to be revered above all gods.
- For all the gods of the peoples are idols,
but the Lord made the heavens.
- Honour and majesty are before him;
strength and beauty are in his sanctuary.
- Ascribe to the Lord, O families of the peoples,
ascribe to the Lord glory and strength.
- Ascribe to the Lord the glory due his name;
bring an offering, and come into his courts.
- Worship the Lord in holy splendour;
tremble before him, all the earth.
- Say among the nations, ‘The Lord is king!
The world is firmly established; it shall never be moved.
He will judge the peoples with equity.’
- Let the heavens be glad, and let the earth rejoice;
let the sea roar, and all that fills it;
- let the field exult, and everything in it.
Then shall all the trees of the forest sing for joy
- before the Lord; for he is coming,
for he is coming to judge the earth.
He will judge the world with righteousness,
and the peoples with his truth.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.