Always be joyful, pray continually;
give thanks, whatever happens.
- Blessed are those who do not follow the counsel of the wicked
or linger in the way of sinners
or sit down among those who mock.
- But their delight is in the law of the Lord
and on that law they meditate day and night.
- They are like trees planted along a river bank
which yield their fruit in due season
- Their leaves also do not wither:
and look, whatever they do it shall prosper.
- As for the wicked it is not so with them
but they are like the chaff,
which is driven away by the wind.
- Therefore the wicked shall not be able to stand
when judgement comes:
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
- For the Lord watches over - the way of the righteous:
but the way of the wicked is doomed.
I give thanks unto You, Adonai,
that, in mercy,
You have restored my soul within me.
Endless is Your compassion;
great is Your faithfulness.
I thank You, Adonai,
for the rest You have given me through the night
and for the breath that renews my body and spirit.