O Lord, open our lips;
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
God ever reigns on high.
O come, let us worship.
- Give the king your justice O God:
and your righteousness to a king's son,
- that he may judge your people rightly:
and uphold the poor with justice.
- Let the mountains bring forth peace for the people:
and the hills prosperity with justice.
- May the king defend the cause
of the poor among the people:
save the children of the needy
and crush the oppressor.
- May he live as long as the sun endures:
as long as the moon from age to age.
- May he come down like rain upon the grass:
like showers that water the earth.
- In his days may righteousness flourish:
and abundance of peace till the moon is no more.
- May his rule extend from sea to sea:
and from the River to the ends of the earth.
- May the tribes of the desert bow down before him:
and his enemies lick the dust.
- May the kings of Tarshish and of the isles pay tribute:
the kings of Sheba and Seba bring their gifts.
- May all kings fall prostrate before him:
and all nations render him service.
- He shall deliver the needy when they cry:
and the poor who have no helper.
- He shall have pity on the weak and the needy:
and save the lives of the poor.
- He shall rescue them from oppression and violence:
and their blood shall be precious in his sight.
- Long may the king live, and receive gifts of gold from Sheba:
may prayer be made for him continually,
and may people bless him every day.
- Let there be abundance of wheat in the land, growing thick up to the hilltops:
may its crops flourish like those of Lebanon,
and the sheaves be numberless as blades of grass.
- May the king live forever:
and his name endure as long as the sun.
- May all nations pray to be blessed as he is:
and all peoples call him blessed.
- Blessed are you O Lord our God:
for you alone do marvellous things.
- Blessed be your glorious name forever:
let the whole earth be filled with your glory.
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.