O Lord, open our lips;
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
God ever reigns on high.
O come, let us worship.
- Listen to my words O Lord
give heed to the sound of my groaning.
- Hear my cry for help my king and my God
for to you I direct my prayer.
- In the morning Lord you hear my voice:
early in the morning I make my plea,
and look up to you for an answer.
- For you are not a God who takes pleasure in wickedness
no one who is evil can be your guest.
- The boastful may not stand in your sight:
you hate all those who work mischief.
- You destroy all those who speak lies:
the bloodthirsty and treacherous O lord you abhor.
- But I, through the abundance of your steadfast love,
will come into your house:
and bow low in reverence toward your holy temple.
- Lead me O Lord in your righteousness, because of my enemies:
make straight you way before my face.
- There is no truth in their mouth:
and there is destruction in their heart.
- Their throat is an open grave:
they flatter with their tongue.
- Give judgment against them O God,
let them perish through their own devices:
cast them out because of their many transgressions,
for they have rebelled against you.
- But let all who put their trust in you rejoice:
let them ever give thanks because you defend them,
those who love your name shall be joyful in you.
- For you Lord will give your blessing to the righteous:
and with your favour you will defend them as with a shield.
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.