thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- Let your steadfast love come to me O Lord:
your saving help according to your promise.
- Then shall I have my answer for those who taunt me:
for my trust is in your word.
- Let my mouth never fail to speak the truth:
for my hope is in your judgments.
- I shall always keep your law:
I shall keep it for ever and ever.
- I shall walk in the path of freedom:
because I study your precepts.
- I will speak of your decrees before kings:
and I will not be abashed in their presence.
- I find delight in your commandments:
which I have greatly loved.
- I will revere your commandments and love them:
and I will meditate on your statutes.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.