- Be silent no longer:
O God of my praise
- For the mouth of the wicked and deceitful is opened against me:
speaking against me with lying tongues.
- They beset me with words of hatred,
and attack me without cause.
- In return for my love they accuse me:
though I continue to pray for them.
- Thus have they repaid me evil for good:
and hatred for my goodwill.
- They say, ‘Appoint a wicked man against him;
let an accuser stand on his right.
- When he is tried, let him be found guilty;
let his prayer be counted as sin.
- May his days be few;
may another seize his position.
- May his children be orphans:
and his wife a widow.
- May his children wander about and beg;
may they be driven out of the ruins they inhabit.
- May the creditor seize all that he has;
may strangers plunder the fruits of his toil.
- May there be no one to do him a kindness:
nor anyone to pity his orphaned children.
- May his posterity be cut off;
may his name be blotted out
in the second generation.
- May the iniquity of his fathers
be remembered before the Lord:
and do not let the sin of his mother be blotted out.
- Let them be before the Lord continually,
and may their memory be cut off from the earth.
O God, who in the work of creation
commanded the light to shine out of darkness:
we pray that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ
may shine into the hearts of all your people,
dispelling the darkness of ignorance and unbelief
and revealing to them the knowledge of your glory
in the face of Jesus Christ our Lord . . .
Thank Him for 3 things that happened today (Good or Not!)
Our Father, hallowed be your name,
on earth as in heaven.
Support us, Lord, all the day long,
until the shadows lengthen, and the evening comes,
the busy world is hushed, the fever of life is over,
and our work done;
then Lord, in your mercy, give us safe lodging,
a holy rest and peace at the last.
May Christ the King give us his blessing of peace.