Alleluia! Christ is risen indeed.
O come, let us worship. Alleluia!
- The Lord is my light and my salvation;
whom shall I fear?
The Lord is the stronghold of my life;
of whom shall I be afraid?
- When evildoers assail me to devour my flesh
my adversaries and foes they shall stumble and fall.
- Though an army encamp against me,
my heart shall not fear;
though war rise up against me,
yet I will be confident.
- One thing I asked of the Lord,
that will I seek after:
to live in the house of the Lord all the days of my life,
to behold the beauty of the Lord,
and to inquire in his temple.
- For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble;
he will conceal me under the cover of his tent;
he will set me high on a rock.
- Now my head is lifted up above my enemies all around me,
and I will offer in his tent sacrifices with shouts of joy;
I will sing and make melody to the Lord.
- Hear, O Lord, when I cry aloud,
be gracious to me and answer me!
- ‘Come,’ my heart says, ‘seek his face!’
Your face, Lord, do I seek.
- Do not hide your face from me.
Do not turn your servant away in anger,
you who have been my help.
Do not cast me off, do not forsake me,
O God of my salvation!
- If my father and mother forsake me,
the Lord will take me up.
- Teach me your way, O Lord,
and lead me on a level path because of my enemies.
- Do not give me up to the will of my adversaries,
for false witnesses have risen against me,
and they are breathing out violence.
- I believe that I shall see the goodness of the Lord
in the land of the living.
- Wait for the Lord;
be strong, and let your heart take courage;
wait for the Lord!
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.