- In you, O Lord, I take refuge;
let me never be put to shame.
- In your righteousness deliver me and rescue me;
incline your ear to me and save me.
- Be to me a rock of refuge,
a strong fortress, to save me,
for you are my rock and my fortress.
- Rescue me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked,
from the grasp of the unjust and cruel.
- For you, O Lord, are my hope,
my trust, O Lord, from my youth.
- Upon you I have leaned from my birth;
it was you who took me from my mother’s womb.
My praise is continually of you.
- I have been like a portent to many,
but you are my strong refuge.
- My mouth is filled with your praise,
and with your glory all day long.
- Do not cast me off in the time of old age;
do not forsake me when my strength is spent.
- For my enemies speak concerning me,
and those who watch for my life consult together.
- They say, ‘Pursue and seize that person
whom God has forsaken,
for there is no one to deliver.’
- O God, do not be far from me;
O my God, make haste to help me!
- Let my accusers be put to shame and consumed;
let those who seek to hurt me
be covered with scorn and disgrace.
- But I will hope continually,
and will praise you yet more and more.
- My mouth will tell of your righteous acts,
of your deeds of salvation all day long,
though their number is past my knowledge.
- I will come praising the mighty deeds of the Lord God,
I will praise your righteousness, yours alone.
- O God, from my youth you have taught me,
and I still proclaim your wondrous deeds.
- So even to old age and grey hairs,
O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might
to all the generations to come.
- Your power and your righteousness, O God,
reach the high heavens.
You who have done great things,
O God, who is like you?
- You who have made me see many troubles and calamities
will revive me again;
from the depths of the earth
you will bring me up again.
- You will increase my honour,
and comfort me once again.
- I will also praise you with the harp
for your faithfulness, O my God;
I will sing praises to you with the lyre,
O Holy One of Israel.
- My lips will shout for joy
when I sing praises to you;
my soul also, which you have rescued.
- All day long my tongue will talk of your righteous help,
for those who tried to do me harm
have been put to shame, and disgraced.
Almighty and everliving God,
in your tender love towards us
you sent your Son to take our nature upon him,
and to suffer death upon the cross;
grant that we may follow the example
of his great humility
and share in his glorious resurrection;
through Jesus Christ our Lord . . .
Thank Him for 3 things that happened today (Good or Not!)
give us today our daily bread.
Look kindly, all-seeing God,
on all who spend this night in anxiety or pain.
Be with those who will die tonight.
Look kindly on those who are without food or shelter,
on those who have no love.
Your will is that we should have life, and share it.
May God our Redeemer show us compassion and love.