Good Morning Jesus
Christ, though tempted like us, was without sin:.
O come, let us worship.
- Blessed are those who do not follow the counsel of the wicked
or linger in the way of sinners
or sit down among those who mock.
- But their delight is in the law of the Lord
and on that law they meditate day and night.
- They are like trees planted along a river bank
which yield their fruit in due season
- Their leaves also do not wither:
and look, whatever they do it shall prosper.
- As for the wicked it is not so with them
but they are like the chaff,
which is driven away by the wind.
- Therefore the wicked shall not be able to stand
when judgement comes:
nor sinners in the assembly of the righteous.
- For the Lord watches over - the way of the righteous:
but the way of the wicked is doomed.
The Armour of God
grant us your wisdom and favour,
give us the grace to cast off the works of darkness
and put on the full armour of God,
now in the time of this mortal life,
Place on us the belt of truth, because you are the way,
and the truth and the life,
the breastplate of righteousness,
because we have no righteousness of our own,
but you became our righteousness on the cross.
Place on us shoes of the Gospel of peace
that we miss no opportunity to share your love with others.
Put on us the shield of faith,
that the fiery darts of the enemy do not harm us in any way.
Put on us the helmet of salvation,
that our minds be protected and renewed daily in You.
Put on us the sword of the Spirit,
which is the word of God;
and may the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ,
the Love of God
and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit
be with us all for ever more.