O Lord, open our lips;
And our mouth shall proclaim your praise.
With awesome deeds you answer our prayers for deliverance, O God our Saviour; you that are the hope of all the ends of the earth, and of the far off seas.. . . .Psalm 65:5,6.
- You O God are to be praised in Jerusalem:
to you shall vows be performed.
- You give heed to prayer:
to you all mortals shall come to confess their sins.
- The burden of our sins is too great for us:
but you will purge them away.
- Blessed are the people you choose,
and bring to dwell in your courts:
we shall be filled with the blessings
of your house your holy temple.
- With awesome deeds you answer our prayers for deliverance,
O God our saviour:
you that are the hope of all the ends of the earth,
and of the far-off seas.
- By your strength you made fast the mountains:
and gird yourself round with power.
- You still the raging of the seas,
and the roar of the waves:
and the tumult of the peoples.
- The dwellers at the ends of the earth
are awed by your wonders:
you make the lands of sunrise and sunset
resound with shouts of joy.
- You visit the earth and water it:
you make it very fruitful.
- The waters of heaven brim over their channel:
providing us with grain,
for so you have prepared the land.
- drenching its furrows, levelling its ridges:
softening it with showers and blessing its growth.
- You crown the year with your goodness:
and your paths overflow with plenty.
- The pastures of the wilderness abound with grass:
and the hills are girded with joy.
- The fields are clothed with sheep:
the valleys are decked with wheat,
so that they shout for joy and sing.
Blessèd are you, Sovereign God, ruler of the nations,
to you be glory and praise for ever!
From the rising of the sun to its setting
your name is proclaimed in all the world.
As the Sun of Righteousness dawns in our hearts,
anoint our lips with the seal of your Spirit
that we may witness to your gospel
and sing your praise in all the world,
Creator, Redeemer, and Giver of Life:
Blessèd be God for ever!