thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- Whakamoemititia a Ihowa/ Praise the Lord.
O praise the Lord, you servants of the Lord:
O praise the name of the Lord.
- Blessed be the name of the Lord:
both now and forevermore.
- The Lord's name be praised:
from the rising of the sun to its setting.
- The Lord is high above the nations:
and the glory of the Lord above the heavens.
- Who can be likened to the Lord our God,
who sits enthroned on high:
yet deigns to look down from heaven to earth?
- The Lord lifts the weak out of the dust:
and raises the poor from the dung-heap,
- to make them sit with princes:
with the princes of God's people.
- The Lord gives the barren woman a home:
and makes her the joyful mother of children.
Whakamoemititia a Ihowa/ O praise the Lord.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.