thank you for all that is good,
for our creation and for our humanity,
for the gifts of life and of one another,
for your love which is unbounded and eternal.
for the food before us,
the family and friends beside us
and the love between us.
- I give you thanks, O Lord, with my whole heart;
before the gods I sing your praise;
- I bow down towards your holy temple
and give thanks to your name for your steadfast love and your faithfulness;
for you have exalted your name and your word
- On the day I called, you answered me,
you increased my strength of soul.
- All the kings of the earth shall praise you, O Lord,
for they have heard the words of your mouth.
- They shall sing of the ways of the Lord,
for great is the glory of the Lord.
- For though the Lord is high, he regards the lowly;
but the haughty he perceives from far away.
- Though I walk in the midst of trouble,
you preserve me against the wrath of my enemies;
you stretch out your hand,
and your right hand delivers me.
- The Lord will fulfil his purpose for me;
your steadfast love, O Lord, endures for ever.
Do not forsake the work of your hands.
Eternal Spirit, living God,
in whom we live and move and have our being,
all that we are, have been, and shall be is known to you,
to the very secret of our hearts
and all that rises to trouble us.
Living flame burn into us,
cleansing wind, blow through us,
fountain of water, well up within us,
that we may love and praise in deed and in truth.