- You O God are to be praised in Jerusalem:
to you shall vows be performed.
- You give heed to prayer:
to you all mortals shall come to confess their sins.
- The burden of our sins is too great for us:
but you will purge them away.
- Blessed are the people you choose,
and bring to dwell in your courts:
we shall be filled with the blessings
of your house your holy temple.
- With awesome deeds you answer our prayers for deliverance,
O God our saviour:
you that are the hope of all the ends of the earth,
and of the far-off seas.
- By your strength you made fast the mountains:
and gird yourself round with power.
- You still the raging of the seas,
and the roar of the waves:
and the tumult of the peoples.
- The dwellers at the ends of the earth
are awed by your wonders:
you make the lands of sunrise and sunset
resound with shouts of joy.
- You visit the earth and water it:
you make it very fruitful.
- The waters of heaven brim over their channel:
providing us with grain,
for so you have prepared the land.
- drenching its furrows, levelling its ridges:
softening it with showers and blessing its growth.
- You crown the year with your goodness:
and your paths overflow with plenty.
- The pastures of the wilderness abound with grass:
and the hills are girded with joy.
- The fields are clothed with sheep:
the valleys are decked with wheat,
so that they shout for joy and sing.
O God, who in the work of creation
commanded the light to shine out of darkness:
we pray that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ
may shine into the hearts of all your people,
dispelling the darkness of ignorance and unbelief
and revealing to them the knowledge of your glory
in the face of Jesus Christ our Lord . . .
Thank Him for 3 things that happened today (Good or Not!)
your will be done
on earth as in heaven.
Thanks to you, Lord Jesus Christ,
for all the cruel pains and insults you have borne for us;
for all the many blessings you have won for us.
Holy Jesus, most merciful Redeemer, friend and brother,
may we know you more clearly, love you more dearly,
and follow you more nearly, day by day.
May Christ the King give us his blessing of peace.