- Preserve me O God:
for in you I have taken refuge.
- I have said to the Lord, 'You are my God:
from you alone comes all my prosperity.'
- All my delight is in the faithful who dwell in the land:
and in those who excel in virtue.
- But as for those who run after other gods:
their troubles shall be multiplied.
- Libations of blood I will not offer to those gods:
nor will I take their names up on my lips.
- You Lord are my allotted portion and my cup;
you yourself have cast my lot.
- My boundaries enclose a pleasant land:
indeed I have a noble heritage.
- I will thank you O Lord for giving me counsel:
at night also you teach my heart.
- I keep you always before me:
you are on my right hand, therefore I shall not fall.
- So my heart is glad, and my soul rejoices:
my body also shall rest in safety.
- For you will not give me up to the power of death:
nor suffer your beloved to see the Abyss.
- You will show me the path of life, in your presence is the fullness of joy:
and from your right hand flow delights for evermore.
O God, who in the work of creation
commanded the light to shine out of darkness:
we pray that the light of the glorious gospel of Christ
may shine into the hearts of all your people,
dispelling the darkness of ignorance and unbelief
and revealing to them the knowledge of your glory
in the face of Jesus Christ our Lord . . .
Thank Him for 3 things that happened today (Good or Not!)
give us today our daily bread
Be present, merciful God,
and protect us through the silent hours of this night,
that we who are wearied
by the changes and chances of this fleeting world,
may rest upon your eternal changelessness.
May Christ the King give us his blessing of peace.
Let us bless the Lord.
Thanks be to God.